TIINA the STORE is honored to collaborate with Every Mother Counts on this project.
Founded by Christy Turlington, Every Mother Counts is dedicated to making pregnancy and childbirth safe for every mother, everywhere. The organization works to achieve quality, respectful, and equitable maternity care for all by supporting quality programs through grants, and working with partners and thought leaders to increase awareness and mobilize communities to take action.
The risk factors associated with maternal health are largely unknown to people who have never been pregnant. It is our hope that, in spreading awareness, we may all become more empathetic to mothers from all walks of life.
- Approximately 303,000 women die each year due to complications in pregnancy and childbirth. That’s more than one woman every two minutes. Up to 98% of these deaths are preventable.
- For every woman who dies each year in childbirth, 20-30 more suffer from lifelong debilitating complications.
- Pregnancy is a leading cause of death for girls aged 15-19 in the developing world.
- The United States ranks 46th in maternal mortality, even though it spends more on health care per capita than any other nation in the world. It is also the only industrialized country with a consistently rising maternal mortality rate.
- African-American women in the U.S. are four times more likely to die from pregnancy and childbirth than Caucasian women.
A mother’s love is unwaning, unwavering, constant. A mother’s health, along with a child’s, should remain a top priority — not only during pregnancy, but for life. No woman should have to endure unnecessary complications when it comes to giving birth, and no child should have to grow up without a mother.
TIINA the STORE is proud to donate 10% of the sale price of each sweater to Every Mother Counts.